R.M.Drake Quotes are literally life!
12:03If you haven't heard of R.M.Drake, then I suggest you follow him on Instagram or Twitter. His quotes are the best.
I just came across this one while scrolling through Instagram and it's so relatable. I think everyone should take note of this!
Sometimes in life. (most of the time) You wait. You wait for things like friends, jobs, the bus, food. Literally everything, and sometimes it takes its own toll on you. It gets you down, makes you fed up and stresses you out because you've waited that long.
This year, I vowed to look after myself more, as in not rely on people because I'm so used to giving my all to people and not getting half as much back. I don't give to get back, but sometimes I do make too much of an effort when other people aren't even willing to see how I am doing, you know?
It shouldn't be like that. You shouldn't have to constantly feel down about how someone is treating you. Everyone deserves to be treated correctly so if you have someone in your life not treating you how you should be whether that's a friend, partner, family member, let them go. (Family is harder. Family is supposed to be for life, but some families also don't get on well together and you shouldn't have to suffer for that.) Remove yourself from any environment that makes you uncomfortable because that's not good for you. Don't wait until you're hurt when you could of changed the situation in the first place. Don't be scared to end a friendship or keep someone at a distance because you're not happy.
What I have learnt and have done is remember that I'm living my life for myself and me only. I'm not living to please anyone because at the end of the day you only really have yourself to help make your life as good as possible. Do what you want to do and when you want (make sure it's good and doesn't hurt yourself or anybody) enjoy yourself and live your life to the fullest. Stop waiting for things that might never happen because while you're waiting you're also wasting precious time that could be used to help yourself get to where you want to be, doing what you want to do. You have nothing to lose if you're not already at your desired destination. All you can do is encourage yourself to get there. Make it happen. You deserve this.
You can be whatever you want to be.
Time doesn't wait for nobody, it's always ticking away. You need to go out there and experience life for yourself. Get out of your comfort zone and explore, you'll find it interesting I can guarantee you that and if you don't? well at least you tried!
Make 2016 YOUR year. The year you start to believe in yourself more. The year you use time instead of waiting for things to happen. Go out there and get them!
xo

0 comments